About Professional Kafka Development
Takes a participant from no knowledge of Apache Kafka to being able to develop with it professionally. We cover Kafka and its ecosystem of technologies. It covers the concepts behind Kafka and how to write your own producers and consumers. Then, we cover the best practices for designing and architecting Kafka solutions, like Apache Avro. Finally, we cover the Kafka ecosystem with Kafka Streams, Kafka Connect, and KSQL. This class doesn’t just cover the easy or Hello World-level consideration; we go deeply into the advanced topics of Kafka.
Duration: 2 days
Intended Audience: Technical, Software Engineers, QA, Analysts
Prerequisites: Intermediate-Level Java
You Will Learn
- How to Kafka works and important concepts behind it.
- How to create simple and advanced producers and consumers for Kafka.
- Why Avro is crucial to any enterprise Kafka solutions.
- How to use Kafka Connect to bring data into and out of Kafka.
- How to create simple solutions with Kafka Streams.
- How to use KSQL to process and join data in real-time with SQL.
Data At Scale
Data Movement Concepts
Moving Data at Scale
Developing With Kafka
Using Apache Maven
Kafka API Caveats
Advanced Kafka Development
Advanced Consumers and Producers
Advanced Offset Handling
Kafka and Avro
Avro and Serialization Formats
Using Kafka Connect
Importing From JDBC
Exporting to HDFS
Kafka Streams API
- Apache Kafka
- Kafka Streams
- Kafka Connect